We at Ilford Lane Surgery aim to provide all of our patients with a comprehensive range of healthcare services covering one-off problems to longer term illnesses. With patient’s needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Join in: We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after with the practice is available for anyone who lives within the practice boundary.
Ilford Lane Surgery after 19th July 2021
As of 19th July 2021,
NHS England has confirmed that Masks and social distancing rules will remain mandatory in all healthcare settings,
Public Health England’s (PHE) infection prevention control guidelines and hospital visiting guidance are set to remain in place for staff and visitors, even as restrictions are eased elsewhere.
National Health Service England, state that visitors will need to abide these rules in ‘GP practices, dental practices, optometrists and pharmacies to ensure patients and staff are protected’.
For the time being there will be no changes here at the practice.
- Patients coming to the surgery will still need to wear a mask, use the hand sanitiser and socially distance.
- Our staff will continue to wear appropriate PPE. We have made this decision as often patients coming to the surgery are sick, vulnerable and maybe unvaccinated due to medical reasons, so we feel that these precautions will help to protect everyone.
- We also need to minimise the number of our staff catching Covid so we can keep a functioning service, so for this reason alone these measures are vital.
- Our consultations will continue, these might be offered as face to face, by phone or by video. It is worth noting that we are consulting with higher numbers of patients than we ever did before the pandemic, whilst also playing a big part in the vaccination programme too.
- Our doors are open but just in a different way. We hope you will understand why we need to continue with these measures and keep the surgery as safe for everyone as we can.
- We have all come so far in trying to minimise the impact of Covid, let’s continue to stay safe together.
Thank you from all at Ilford Lane Surgery.
COVID-19 vaccine: As the vaccination programme gets underway we will invite patients who are eligible to have the vaccine to book their appointment.
Please contact the Surgery. The NHS will also contact people directly and there will be extensive public information announcements about how, where and when you can get vaccinated.
For now we ask our residents to help us deliver this effectively to those who need it most by doing the following: wait to be invited for your vaccine – you will be contacted when it’s the right time to come forward so please don’t seek a vaccine before then; act on your invite and make sure you attend your appointments when you arrange them; here.
You can find out more about the vaccine here:
Booking Blood test Appointments (Phlebotomy)
Community phlebotomy services links for patients to book their own appointments:
Need to see a GP in the evening or at the weekend?
- You can now book an appointment for urgent conditions usually managed by GP's during the evening and weekend by directly calling 020 3770 1888.
- The appointments line is open 2-9pm Mon - Fri and 9am -6pm Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays (Outside of the hours please call 111).
- These clinics are NOT a walk in system and are NOT for on-going chronic problems e.g heart disease, diabetes etc. You will be seen by either a GP or nurse practitioner by appointment only.
- The nearest surgery hosting this service is at Newbury Group Practice (40 Perrymans Farm Road Ilford IG2 7LE).
- There other two Redbridge Centres are:
- FullWell Cross Medical Centre (1 Tomswood Hill, Ilford, Essex IG6 2HG and Southdene Surgery,
- The Shrubberies London E18 1BD) for further information on appointments call on 0203 770 1888.
This surgery is a member of The Health bridge Federation who are providing this service.
Zero Tolerance We do not accept any abusive or aggressive behaviour towards our staff. In line with NHS guidelines the practice may remove a patient from the list for threatening or violent behaviour.
"If I die it will be your fault"
The Institute of General Practice Management has launched a campaign to raise awareness of some of the abuse our teams face every day. While most patients are polite and courteous, our teams are having to deal with abuse daily and the abuse must stop. Featured on 5Live and BBC Breakfast, hopefully this will make some people think twice.
Click here to view the "If I Die, It's Your Fault" video
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
We are a forward thinking practice team who are united in providing comprehensive care to all our patients whilst continually improving the way that care is best delivered..”
(Site updated 26/07/2021)